I have spent the past two days traveling by train down to Chicago each day to attend orientation meetings at our head office, so today was to be my first day in the Milwaukee office. It was also the first race of the Louis Vuitton Cup final.
I was anxious to watch the race (which airs on TV at 8.30am here) but luckily I was told yesterday that I didn't have to be at the office until 9.30 so knew I'd get to watch most of the race at home...Unfortunately I left the house half way through the race which looked like it was to be a cliffhanger - with just seconds separating the boats.
The good news - I got to the office to find out they have a TV with cable, and it's right beside my desk... Gotta love Americans!
A quick "hi, nice to meet you" was followed by "do you mind if I switch channels...?!"
So I got to watch the Kiwis cross the line by the closest of margins. Relief on two counts...
"And how's the job?..." you ask. Well, we have Summer hours which means we finished today (Friday) at 1pm - so this has probably been the cruisiest first week of any job in my entire life. There's a lot to come to grips with on a major brand like Miller, but it seems everyone is fairly understanding and the pace seems fairly modest...Fingers crossed, and Monday is another week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment