Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Last day of freedom!

Well, today's my last day:
- as a lady of leisure
- of unemployment
- as a full time cleaning lady
- using Robbie as an ATM
...however you want to put it!

Tomorrow I start work as a Senior Account Manager at Upshot, a integrated marketing services agency, based in Chicago, but with an office here in Milwaukee which takes care of their major client, SAB Miller - or Miller Brewing Company.

I'll be working primarily on some of their major sponsorship projects - including Nascar (they sponsor Penske Racing - "go Kurt Busch"), basketball and their summer promotions - all in the area of consumer promotions.

Our office is based at the Miller campus which is a massive complex and home of their Milwaukee brewing operation...so any visitors to Milwaukee - free tours!

Wish me luck. It's a little daunting to be returning to a) the workforce; and b) an agency after an absence of 12 years, but they like my event marketing background and they seem a great group of people - so here goes....

Expect that the volume of blogging - and travel stories! - will decrease.


P.S I think I could have made a great Nascar promo girl...I look great in dress-up...

1 comment:

ginavon said...

I think after you pass your first week with flying colors that you should consider suggesting a NASCAR hula party and use the image posted on this blog as your invite! It is adorable.

Best wishes for Day #1 of your new blog - Working 9 to 5.