Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day - cookies anyone!?

(Denise, I know I need a hair cut - it's booked for next week!)

It's official - it's time for me to get a job.

With too much time on my hands, I thought it would be a fun idea to make boxes of Valentines Day cookies for the guys at Robbie's work to buy for their Valentines...not so much as a fundraising exercise for me (although it wouldn't hurt!) but to distract me from my job hunting activities.

On offer:
- Lovely Ginger Snaps
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Hearts
- Heart Brownies

Up until midnight the night before last, and spent most of the day yesterday icing cookies for delivery yesterday afternoon so that the guys would have them yesterday to leave on the pillow this morning...(you don't want to calculate the hourly rate...)

Sold over 35 boxes...and I don't want to see a Ginger Snap for a year...



In the process I did discover a great new brownie recipe - and it's super easy. Here it is:

BROWNIE HEARTS
8oz butter
2 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
6 oz unsweetened chocolate morsels
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups flour

Preheat oven to 325F. Butter a 9x13in pan. Line with baking paper.
Place butter, brown sugar and chocolate in a large microwave proof bowl. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir. Continue heating at 10-sec intervals until chocolate almost melted. With a wooden spoon beat in eggs and vanilla, then flour and salt. Pour into pan and smooth the top.
Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out almost clean. Let cool.
Lift out brownie and cut into squares or shapes. The remaining centre mix (don't use the crusty bits) can be rolled into truffle balls (roll in cocoa).

No comments: